Handwara: Security forces get better Chinese Type fifty six rifle from come across site

Handwara: Security forces get better Chinese Type fifty six rifle from come across site

Security groups killed two terrorists, such as a Lashkar commander, throughout an stumble upon in Handwara city in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district late Saturday.

Along with the our bodies of two terrorists for the duration of clearance operations, safety forces additionally recovered weapons and different “warlike stores” from the stumble upon site. Chinese Type fifty six and Romanian WASR collection rifles have been observed at the stumble upon site.

A colonel, a important and three different protection forces personnel were killed in come upon with terrorists in north Kashmir on Sunday. The come across in Handwara claimed the lives of Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, Major Anuj Sood, Naik Rajesh and Lance Naik Dinesh, all from the Brigade of the Guards regiment, and at existing section of the 21 Rashtriya Rifles.

A Jammu and Kashmir Police Sub-Inspector, Sageer Ahmad Pathan used to be additionally killed.

Giving small print of the encounter, officers stated that the two terrorists killed in the stumble upon covered commander of banned Lashker-e-Taiba Haider, who has been energetic in the north Kashmir area.

They had held some civilians hostage, the officers said, including that a couple of terrorists should have managed to supply protection forces the slip underneath the cowl of darkness as well. A hunt has been launched in the complete area.

Director General of Jammu and Kashmir Police Dilbagh Singh said, "Sad to inform that 5 courageous personnel which include Colonel Ashutosh Sharma, Major Anuj Sood and sub-inspector of JKP Shakeel Qazi had been martyred in the line of duty."


Security forces had observed presence of some terrorists in the Rajwar forests in the Handwara region and a short trade of furnace had taken area on Thursday.

Around Saturday afternoon, Genius inputs indicated presence of the identical crew of terrorists inner a residence at Changimulla village, prompting Col Sharma to launch a cordon-and-search operation.

After a large lull, Col Sharma and 4 different personnel barged into a residence from an adjoining cowshed presuming that the terrorists had been eradicated in the heavy gunfire.

According to the officials, the crew got here beneath heavy hearth after rescuing civilians and all verbal exchange hyperlinks with Col Sharma and his group have been snapped. Calls made on the cell numbers of the crew had been answered through terrorists.

The Army then rushed in para-troopers, who after ascertaining that the Army officer and his group have been killed in the encounter, launched an offensive early morning and killed the two terrorists.

On conclusion of the operations, the residence used to be searched and our bodies of two terrorists eradicated in the stumble upon have been recovered alongside with hands and ammunition.